Friday, February 10, 2012

More Than You Think

"I don't have any ground coffee.  I want my morning cup of freshly brewed coffee.  Now, I've got to go out and buy some." 
These were my thoughts one  morning last week.  Then, I had another thought which prompted me to search more carefully in my kitchen cupboard.  There it was,  a previously-opened can of dark ground roast with just enough to brew a full carafe of java.  It turns out I had more coffee than I first thought; I didn't have to rush out and buy more.  I simply had to search for and find what I already had. 
This reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend about a jacket she needed to go out and buy.  I suggested she look in her closet first, because I thought she told me before about such a jacket purchase.  She went home, checked her closet, and she did have the jacket hanging in her closet already.  Sometimes, we have more than we at first think we do.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment