Monday, February 6, 2012

ABS Challenge

We are having a February ABS Challenge at the gym I attend.  This is Day #6.  The challenge consists of sit ups, push ups, and planking for increasing time periods.  Each day, more reps are added, and at the end of the month, the person who has lost the most inches in the waist and belly is the winner.  I don't know why I accepted this challenge; maybe it's a last-ditch attempt to get back a version of my college track team and cheerleader midsection.  It's likely my middle-aged folly, and I don't care whether or not I win.  I will be happy to see and feel results.   What I do know after Day 6 is that I feel muscles in my abdomen that I haven't recognized in awhile, and they are becoming stronger.  This is really hard work, but hopefully it'll get easier!
Hanging in there,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment