Friday, February 17, 2012

Unclaimed

While cleaning out my notes file, I found a Public Notice from a newspaper.  These are often found in the back of newspapers and are possibly not read unless one has a need to look for such information.  I must have cut this section out of the newspaper and  put this in my notes file because the title caught my eye:
                  "Intent to dispose of UNCLAIMED CREMATED HUMAN REMAINS"
The notice, from several funeral homes, goes on to inform those concerned that they have had these remains for more than a year and that unless someone claims them, they'll be placed in a crypt along with other unclaimed remains.  It goes on to explain that the funeral homes have made every attempt to contact the families/agents, but to no avail.
I think it's sad that someone can die and be cremated and no one is there to claim or take care of their remains. So sad.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment