Thursday, February 9, 2012

Advice From Mrs. V

While at the grocery store on Tuesday, I saw a senior citizen acquaintance.  I'll call her Mrs. V.  I know her from the gym, and she has a delightful disposition.  She's pleasant and upbeat, and she has a wealth of wisdom from her 81 years of living.  I know her age because she tells us at the gym, and we who are younger are impressed with her drive and positive spirit.  She does the exercise routines that are appropriate for her, and she reminds us that her emphasis is to "keep on moving."
On Tuesday, Mrs. V gave me some advice at the grocery store, "Plum tomatoes are on sale today. They're only 99 cents a pound."  So, I began to pick some out. She said, "No, Honey, you don't want that one.  Look at all the bumps in it.  Hold it up to the light.  I know lots about buying groceries because I raised seven children and cooked for nine people every day for many years."   I put back the less than perfect tomato and followed Mrs. V's expert advice.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment