Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Make That Call

I called a friend today, and I am glad I did. My intention was to reach out to my friend, say hello, and let her know she was in my thoughts.
Sometimes we get so wrapped up in what we have to do. We think,"I need to call (you can insert a name here) and see how she or he is doing." Then life gets in the way and we don't make that contact.
The next time you have that thought, stop, grab the phone, dial, and make that contact. Even if you speak to that someone for only two minutes. Call, don't email or text; there is something about hearing the human voice that is special.
I made that call today. We spoke for almost thirty minutes. We laughed, got serious, acted silly, shared memories, and said our warm good-byes. I called to make her feel cared about, but I got just as much joy from the call as she did.
Make that call. You will be glad you did.
Wishing you the best,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment