Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This Busy Is Good!

It has been a busy few days! They were "good" busy days at book signing events for my novel, BEHIND CHURCH DOORS!
On Saturday, I was at the Collingswood Book Festival. I actually drove to Collingswood, NJ, a town I had never heard of before this year. I drove on 295! I am so thankful for God allowing me to stretch myself, because I don't like highway driving. I took prayer, my GPS, Mapquest directions, and my brave sister friend Rita with me! I met some nice people there. The booth on my right was occupied by a young author who was friendly and excited about her children's book. She had her lovely three children and her mom with her. The booth on my left was occupied by a sci-fi author who was nice as well as helpful. He and his wife taught me about stick-on velcro, which they shared with me to keep my poster from being blown off its easel by the wind. Their lovely little girl was with them.
On Monday, I was at Curves of Ewing. I am especially excited about the Curves event because a portion of each book sale amount was donated to the American Cancer Society. The turnout was wonderful; I was encouraged.
Onward and upward!
TTYS,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment