Friday, October 1, 2010

Memories and Giving Back

Next week, I am scheduled to participate in a book signing/charity event at the gym I attend. The owner selected the American Cancer Society and I agreed to donate a portion of the proceeds from each purchased copy of my novel, BEHIND CHURCH DOORS. I am excited about donating to the American Cancer Society, because almost everyone I know does have or has had a loved one touched by cancer. I pray that mankind will be able to use medicine to conquer cancer in my lifetime. I also pray that everyone will have access to the treatment, not just those who are affluent.
Another incentive which is more personal: the most wonderful and the first man I ever met (whose birthday is today) and his brother, my dear uncle, and a sister-in-law who was like a sister - all had to fight the cancer dragon. They fought valiantly.
God bless,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment