Monday, October 11, 2010

The Stink Bug

I enjoy nature and I'm amazed by God's creations. However, I enjoy creatures most when they are in their natural environment instead of in my home.
Our geographical area has experienced the "stink bug" or "shield bug" this spring and summer. I forget where these bugs migrated from, but they are brown and have a bsck that looks like a shield. I've been told they like to come inside homes for the winter to hang out. They come in through small spaces around windows and doors. They have no natural enemies. They are harmless to humans, but they emit this stinky smell as a defense mechanism, so you shouldn't swat them-or else!
One of them has been hanging out on my bedroom curtain for three days. I don't want to swat it because I am trying to respect it and I also don't want it to funk up the bedroom. It hasn't moved, maybe it's asleep. In fact, I'm going to go look at it right now and see if it's still in the same place.
(2 minutes later)
That stink bug was no longer on the curtain! It had the nerve to be crawling on my hairbrush on my dresser top. I quickly picked up the comb, took it to the bathroom, flicked the bug off into the toilet bowl and flushed! No stinky smell!
Like I said, I enjoy creatures the most when they aren't in my personal space.
TTYL,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment