Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Momma's Hands

Whenever I perform certain tasks, I find myself saying softly, "Thanks, Mom." That's because she taught me to do these tasks when I was a girl. I still see her hands and hear her voice as she patiently and lovingly instructed me.
I shortened and hemmed the sleeves on a jacket last Saturday night. "Thanks, Mom."
On Monday, I took the skin off chicken thighs before washing, seasoning, and baking them. "Thanks, Mom."
On Tuesday, I repotted a ponytail palm plant. I spoke reassuringly to it as I examined its roots and patted down the new, nourishing soil. "Thanks, Mom."
What a blessing it is to have been taught by my Momma. An additional blessing is that I and my siblings still have her with us. We are still being taught and loved by her. I thank God for her and all the wonderful mothers in the world.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment