Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mom and Sis

Every day that God sends us is a blessing, but some days have an extra cherry on top.
Today, I had lunch with my lovely, hard-charging, but big-hearted sister. Lunch was not fancy, but it was rich in quality. After that, my sister and I went to visit our Mother. When we arrived, she was in the kitchen icing one of her famous coconut-pineapple cakes. A chicken was roasting in the oven, so you can imagine the wonderful aromas in the house. My sister had to return to work, so I stayed and watched General Hospital with Mom. We chatted during the commercials and during the show.  Mom, as usual, fussed at the characters named Sonny, Carly, and Sam.  I chuckled,as usual, and agreed with her. Today, we both sided with the character named Jason. After the show, I kissed Mom and returned home to do my work.  I may have to work a little later this evening to make up for the 2 hours I spent with my Mom and my sister, but that time today was well spent.
Smiles and good wishes,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment