Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Birthday Gifts

During the first week of August, five of my local loved ones mark their birthdays.  I make sure to get 5 birthday cards and 2 gifts.  I only get gifts for my mom and one friend.  My mom gets a gift because she is my wonderful  mother; no other explanation is needed.  My  one friend gets a gift because she and I have been sister friends since kindergarten, and we long ago established the practice of gifting each other on our birthdays.  The other 3 people are important to me also, but we established the birthday card-giving practice instead.  This is cool with me, because I tend to buy gifts that I like for me as gifts for others.  As a result, a gift for one female friend may become 2 gifts, one for the friend and one for me.  I  did well today, and only purchased gifts for the 2 birthday ladies.   However,  that  does not mean I won't return to the store later this week and buy that adorable  plastic, insulated water cup with the drinking straw attachment for me.  I will simply get the one with the pink trim, since I got my friend the one with the orange trim!
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment