Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Soap

Have you ever seen a bar of soap that had no center?    While on an overnight stay at a conference hotel  last week, I noticed a box with a soap bar in it, but it looked odd.  The soap box had an oval hole in the middle.   When I picked it up,  I saw  through the box as well as through the middle of the bar of soap inside. The note on the box explained that this innovation was a "waste reducing" soap that addressed the problem of  regular soap bars: the unused center.  Maybe this product was not made for people like me, because I use every last piece of a bar of soap.  When the centers are left, I mash them together and keep on lathering until all the soap is used.  I do this because  I was raised in the era of "Waste not, want not."
The soap with the hole in the center did smell great, though.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment