Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Spared

Sometimes we focus more on the bad things that happen to us more than the bad things from which we are spared.  Today, I backed my small car out of a parking lot space at the same time that a large truck was backing out of its parking space.  Of course, I checked before I put my car in reverse, but saw nothing.  I checked again while backing and stopped when  I saw the rear of a truck quickly heading for my driver side window.  If my window had been down, I could have touched the back of the truck without sticking my full forearm out.  I blew my horn and the truck stopped.  It was a close call.  I was spared from a bad circumstance, and I audibly gave thanks for being watched over.
You can probably think of a recent time when you were spared from a bad circumstance because you were being watched over and protected.
Giving thanks,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment