Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hurry

The best way for me to make sure  tasks go wrong is for me to be in a hurry when I do them.  The elders used to tell us, "Take your time and do it right."  They were correct, as usual.  The older I get, the more I understand their advice.
If I hurry to put on a pair of panty hose, I will make a  run or a hole in them.
If I hurry while I wash the dishes, I will break a glass or a plate.
If I hurry with my homework, I will make mistakes.
If I hurry while I read directions, I will  misunderstand them.
If I hurry when I polish my nails, I will polish my cuticles and the sides of my fingers as well as my fingernails.
I am sure there are some things I do well in a hurry, like get inside when I see lightning, but I do most tasks better if I take my time.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment