Monday, August 15, 2011

Is That You?

"I thought that was you!"
Have you ever said that to someone  after he/she approached you?   You saw this person, but you were not sure if it was who you thought it was.  Or you saw this person, but you did not feel  like speaking for some reason.  Maybe you were in a hurry.  Maybe the person is not one of your faves.  Maybe you think the person likes to have long, gossipy conversations.   Maybe you think the person has bad breath.
"I thought that was you!"  Have anyone ever said that to you after you first spoke to them?  What did you honestly think?
Once time, I said, "I thought that was you!"  to an elderly acquaintance who approached  me first.  She replied, "Well, if you thought it was me, why didn't you just walk over and speak to me? Why did I have to speak to you first?"
She had a good point.  I have since corrected this behavior.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment