Monday, August 1, 2011

Stings

Tomorrow marks day 7 of my wasp sting.  It happened last Tuesday in the church parking lot.  I was minding my own business, chatting with some of the Noon Prayer service attendees.  I felt something land on my right forearm, so I lightly brushed away what appeared to be a big mosquito.  I thought nothing of it.  A couple of hours later, I felt a stinging soreness in the front of my right thigh.  I checked and saw a puffy reddish spot; it was about 3 inches in diameter.  Because I have been stung by yellow jacket wasps before,  I recognized the sensation.  What I thought had been a mosquito had been a smaller version of a yellow jacket wasp.  Also, it had stung me through my denim jeans!  The insect was small, but the sting was mighty!  I cleansed the spot and got out what I thought was a stinger.  For the next few days, I rubbed alcohol and ice on my thigh to ease the sting and the itch that came after it.  The spot grew to the size of a small saucer and was hard and warm to the touch.  Finally, on day 4, my skin began to look and feel normal.  I guess that wasp did not appreciate being waved off by me.
I know I appreciate the blessing of  healing.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment