Monday, August 8, 2011

Congratulations

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of attending a celebration for a remarkable young lady.  She is a faithful Christian with a quiet, observant nature.   I watched her grow up in the church.  Long ago, she was a student in my teen Bible Class.  She has been awarded a Master's Program study opportunity in another country, and I believe this is a blessing.  We celebrated her because of her accomplishments and because of who she is and because of how much more she will grow.   It is great when you get to watch young people push forward and  use their talent to do what is right and what will help others.
Like her father stated at this event in her honor,  "I am hound dog happy and peacock proud!"   All of her well-wishers felt the same way!
Take care,
Sylvia

1 comment: