Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pretty People

A party planner and his client meet to plan for a holiday party.  When they discuss the wait staff at the party, the planner informs the client that it costs more to have  attractive waiters and waitresses work the party.  Non-attractive staff were described as overweight and not pretty or handsome. I think the terms were roly poly,  bellies out, versus models and beautiful people.  Also referred to as more pricey were the wait staff who could speak English well.
Since this was a television program, I do not know if the party planner was joking or not.  I have been to parties with waiters and waitresses, but I can't say I have paid much attention to what they looked like.  I did treat them with respect, because that is the right thing to do.   It seems more important to hire competent party workers than to pay more if they are attractive.  However, I have never given a party where I employed wait staff.  The parties I have given were about good people and good food, and having a plain old good time.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment