Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Food Labels

 A recent newspaper article reported that new food labels are being promoted by our country's Food and Drug Administration.  These labels will give a better breakdown of  what's in our foods so that consumers can use these facts to fight obesity.  Some think the food companies are resistant to this disclosure because it might hurt their profits. The thought is that consumers will have better knowledge and be more conservative about what foods they buy. I don't know about all of that, but I like to read labels because I like information about what's in my food.  Much of the time, I pay attention to the listed amounts of salt, fat, calories, sugars, and nutrients. However, if it's something I really want, I may read the nutrition label after I have consumed the food.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment