Thursday, October 20, 2011

Under Ether

This week, an acquaintance and I discussed vacation time shares, their advantages, and their limitations.  It was dizzying to hear about the blackout times, the annual fees, trading vacation weeks, and other details.  She cautioned me about some  salespeople who leave out information you later wish they had told you.  She believes that she and her husband made some time share purchase mistakes because of the salesperson's pitch.  She told me, "He had us under the ether." 
This term made the writer in  me take notice, so I asked her what it meant.  She explained that the sales pitch was so powerful that they were anesthetized (under ether), so they signed off on the package when they could have gotten a better deal.
Wishing you sound business transactions and a blessed day,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment