Monday, October 10, 2011

Phone Tale

While at the movie theater today, I searched my purse for a mint to serve as my movie snack.  Movie theater food is expensive for what it is, so I usually don't splurge on it.  I have heard some people say that they prepare and sneak their own food into the movies: popcorn, candy, sandwiches, even chicken dinners.  In fact, I did smell some homecooked food at a theater one evening. That's a tale for another day.
In my search for a mint in my purse today, I found all the usual contents, and one unusual  item.  It was my house cordless phone!  Before I  left home to go to the theater, I made a call and must have put the phone in my purse instead of returning it to the phone base.  Of course, I did not have to worry about my house phone ringing during the movie.  It was too far from its power base and could not make a connection.  Remember the corded telephones we had before cordless phones came about?  This would not have happened with one of them!
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment