Monday, October 17, 2011

Mommy Calling Cards

Do you know about Mommy Calling Cards?  They are special business cards used for setting up play dates for children.   Play dates are specific times to play, usually arranged by mothers,  so their children can play with other select children.  The children are typically transported to the home of a selected child or a chosen venue.  There, they play for a certain amount of time.  Sometimes, the mothers who bring their children stay and have a social of their own while the children play.
When I was a child, we did not have Mommy Calling Cards.  If I wanted to play with another child who lived on a nearby street, I would ask my mother, "Mom, can I go over Jane's house and play?"   Mom would reply, "Did you finish your homework and your chores?  Is it okay with Jane's mother for you to come over?  Do I need to call her?"   If my answers were satisfactory, my mother would caution, "Be back before the streetlights come on." 
I guess I was my own calling card.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment