Thursday, October 27, 2011

Zip Lock Bags

I use zip lock plastic bags to certain keep foods fresh.  For example, when I open a box of cereal, I open the wax bag that holds the cereal and pour out some cereal.  Then, I use a twist tie to close the wax paper bag, put the wax paper bag in a zip lock bag, and put the bag back into the box.  That way, less air can get into the cereal and it stays fresh longer.  I do the same for almost any food that comes in a box and has to be stored after it has been opened. I also use zip lock bags when I slice part of an onion, pepper, cheese brick, or piece of fruit and need to store the remainder. The bags can also be reused.   My beloved spouse thinks I go to zip lock bag extremes, but that doesn't bother me.  He jokes that if he stayed still long enough (which is not likely with his high energy level) and if I could find a large enough zip lock bag, I'd put him in. We laugh about that one a lot!
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment