Monday, September 13, 2010

Baby Boomers with Heavy Purses

By most definitions, I am included in the Baby Boomer category. That doesn't mean I don't have a lot of "pep in my step", (something my dear father used to say). I still have the pep, but I notice I now make sounds as I move in certain positions. Sometimes the sounds come from my mouth, sometimes they come from my joints.
I used to jump up quickly out of bed in the morning. Now, I sit up slowly, put my feet on the floor, and figure out just what parts of me I want to move next. I am blessed and thankful that all my parts still move. I am simply more aware of them than I was in my twenties.
One of the "I-know-better-than-this" things I do is shoulder a large purse with too much stuff in it. I keep thinking I will need this or that item, so it goes into the purse. I am right-handed, so I favor my right shoulder, with which I carry the heavy purse. Recently, my shoulder went into protest mode, reminding me that I am a Baby Boomer.
I plan to do the right things to make peace wih my shoulder. This Baby Boomer wants to feel great for as long as she can.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment