Tuesday, September 7, 2010

She Wants to be Where I Am

My teeenager likes to watch suspense shows with me, but when the background music suggests that something dangerous or scary is about to happen, she closes her eyes. She wants me to tell her what is on the screen.
When I offer to change the program so she won't be afraid, she responds, "No, I want to watch it with you! It's good!"
How does she know if the show is good when she actually views only half of it? The other half of the show is my version to her of what's on the screen. Maybe she simply enjoys my presence and my story-explaining skills.
I know what I enjoy: the fact that my teenager likes to be where I am. I plan to appreciate this as long as I can; she'll be an adult before I know it!
TTYS,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment