Friday, September 3, 2010

Thank You, Stacy!

One of my "guilty pleasures" is a "Chick Filet" sandwich. I can resist the waffle fries, but the delicious chicken filet sandwich with the pickle slices calls my name every time I ride by the franchise.
This week, as I use the drive in window, a young lady worker asks, "Are you Miss Brown?" (My maiden name)
"Yes, dear, I am. Why?"
"I'm asking for Stacy. She said you were her third grade teacher."
I look behind my server and see a grown-up Stacy. She waves and smiles excitedly. She still has that sweet face and gentle spirit she had in third grade.
"Hello Stacy! It's good to see you, Sweetheart!"
After I get my sandwich, all the young servers wave and shout, "See you later, Stacy's teacher Miss Brown!"
It's a blessing when former students are glad to see you and proud for their associates to meet you.
I am thankful.
TTYS,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment