Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Moving Memorial

I saw an SUV with a memorial message custom-printed on the rear window. There were the words, "In loving remembrance of my son, (the name was written), 1986-2008." The months of birth and death were there also.
My breath caught in my throat, because I realized this deceased son was only about 22 years old!
There is an old saying that parents should not have to bury their children; it should be the other way around. I do not know this young man or what happened to him. It could have been sickness, violence, an accident, a war casualty. My heart goes out to his parents, who see his name whenever they look at their vehicle. Maybe it helps them in their healing process.
I pray that God will continue to bless with healing and comfort all of us who have had to say goodbye (for now) to our loved ones.
Peace be,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment