Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Prayer and my Earrings

I was having a great time running my errands and chatting with folks I know. Then, I reached up to touch my earrings and realized I had left the house without them! Suddenly, I felt like my face was naked! I am not one to put on a full face of makeup when I dash out, but I always comb my hair and put on a pair of pierced earrings before meeting the outside world.
I had my ears pierced as a young teen after begging my mother and father for years. I had them pierced the old-fashioned way: with ice to numb the lobes, a needle sterilized at the tip with a match flame, and a piece of thread. This was the norm back in the day.
Anyway, I felt better when I returned home and put my earrings in my earlobes: a simple pair of hoops.
I always feel better when I leave home with my earrings, and also my daily departing home prayer: "Our Father who art in heaven, holy is thy name. Please guide me and go with me and keep me today. In Jesus' name. Amen."
Peace,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment