Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Thoughtful Neighbor

Yesterday started on a high note.
As I opened the window for some great morning air, I saw a lady taking her morning walk. When she got in front of my steps, she noticed my that my newspaper was under a bush and not on the steps. The delivery person did not have great aim yesterday. She stopped, picked the newpaper up, and tossed it onto the top step at my door.
I said,"Thank you!"
She replied, "You're welcome! Sylvia?" She looked up toward my second floor window and smiled. I managed to get out a "Yes, hello!" before she got back into her walking rhythm and moved out of sight. That was so neighborly of her!
The only things is, I don't know my neighbor's name, so I couldn't call it like she called mine. It made me think of how we may know a neighbor by face, but not by name. Yet we live on the same street.
I plan to find out her name soon. I want her to know I appreciate her. By name.
TTYS,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment