Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Suspicious Thoughts

I went to a local pizza shop recently. I saw an older model car with tinted side windows enter the parking lot right before me. I parked next to the older car, noted that the space between our two cars was tight. I turned off my car and waited for the occupant(s) of the car to get out first. No one got out, so I focused on the man at the steering wheel. He had what looked and sounded like cannisters on the front seat. He held something with a handle in one hand. He had his driver side door open, but he wasn't moving to get out. Now, my overactive mind kicked in:
"Why won't he get out of his car? Is everything OK, should I be concerned?"
I quickly exited my car and entered the pizza shop. My thoughts: "There have been some robberies lately, maybe I should say something to the guy at the counter." I didn't.
While I waited for my order, I made like I was reading a menu posted on the window facing the car so I could watch the man in his car. Got my food, went back to my car, and was embarrassed when I saw the man slowly carry his portable oxygen pack into the shop. Instead of being suspicious, I should have offered assistance. I am a work in progress.
TTYS,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment