Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cleaning Up: Old Church Bulletins

Today, I made myself give one hour to a task I often overlook: cleaning up my workroom. I am attempting to have less clutter. I figure if I commit myself to one hour a day, I may be finished de-cluttering my study in about one year...
Anyway, I opened a file folder that had old church bulletins in it. Years ago, I and another sister did the church bulletins for this congregation. When we started the task, it was back in the day of the mimeograph machine!
Today, I found an old bulletin dated August 1996 in the file folder; there was a message in it. There was no author listed:

"When God permits His children to go through the furnace, He keeps His eye on the clock and His hand on the thermostat. His loving heart knows how much and how long."

That's a comforting and encouraging thought.
Peace be,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment