Thursday, August 26, 2010

Take a Fifty with You.

The other day, a friend of mine talked about putting single dollar bills, some fives, tens, and one fifty dollar bill in her wallet before going out for the day. I questioned her and got this response:
"Sylvia, I am more likely to spend my smaller bills, but I think long and hard before I break the fifty dollar bill, because it goes so fast once I do."
I am thinking about that right now. Today, I left the house with one fifty dollar bill, a couple of ten dollar bills, one five, and some ones. I met a friend for lunch, and instead of using my one of my tens to pay for my share and the tip (attentive waitress!), I broke my fifty dollar bill. I stopped to get takeout for me and my husband, since this is our "Treat Night"/my turn. I think I bought something else before coming home. The bottom line is I should have and will in the future heed my friend's advice. I will think long and hard before I break my fifty dollar bill, because now it is spent. All I can do now is smile and smh.
TTYS,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment