Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pushing Through

I am not a highway driver, although I used to be when I was younger. Now, I avoid them when I can. But sometimes one can't avoid uncomfortable experiences. Two Saturdays ago, I had to drive dreaded Route One North, because I had a book signing event at Borders Princeton. Just the thought of cars and trucks around me whizzing in and out of lanes at a minimum of 60 mph can make me sweat. The night before, I thought about every way of avoiding Route One to get to my destination. I could not think of another way to get to Borders! So I prayed for good rest and courage, and went to sleep.
The next morning, I asked God for His help, checked out the car for safety, put on my cassette of the book of Matthew, and drove to Borders. Was it fun? No, but the joy of knowing/remembering that I can push through circumstances with His help was rewarding. I had a fun book signing event, and sang hymns all the way home. I sang out loud.
Peace,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment