Thursday, August 12, 2010

Visit to Town, Visit with Mom

Today was sort of hectic, lots of running around doing errands. Thankful for the ability to run around; some people are not physically able to do so. I drove downtown, parked my car and walked a few blocks to the summer farmers' market to buy some delicious loaves of bread. It felt odd, yet familiar, to carry my groceries on the street while returning the few blocks to my car. Folks used to do this all the time before shopping complexes, supermarkets with rolling shopping carts, and large parking lots.
I wrapped up my day by visiting with Mom at her home for a couple of hours. It is always a blessing to spend time in the company of a loving, wise, Christian woman. That's my Mom.
I thank God for her every day.
TTYS,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment