Saturday, August 7, 2010

New POV/Going to the Dentist

I've decided to use a different POV for this blog. From now on, it will be in my voice. If you haven't checked in before, I am Sylvia Brown-Roberts, author of BEHIND CHURCH DOORS, in which Nikolis McQuaige(Nikkimac) is the main character. More about my novel can be found at www.nikkimacproductions.com.

Now back to me. I went to the dentist 2 days ago to have an earlier root canal cleaned out because of an infection. To make matters worse, my dear dentist had to drill through a capped tooth to do this. Is there anyone else besides me who cringes at just the whirring sound of the dentist's drill? I keep waiting for it to strike the tender part of my gum or whatever is inside the tooth. And what about that distinctive smell caused by a dental drill shaving away tooth enamel?
Thankfully, I have a pleasant dentist who is patient with me, because I can put on quite a show in the dentist's chair. I think that's why the office staff smiles so broadly when I come in for my appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment