Monday, August 16, 2010

Into the Fire

Recently I was in a room that had a halogen lamp and an open window with a loose-fitting screen. As the evening wore on, I smelled more and more of a burnt straw aroma. I even thought I saw a little smoke coming from the top of the lamp. It turned out that small flying moths were madly following one another inside through a gap in the screen, literally jumping into the lamp, too close to the bulb and burning up! One after another, they jumped into the lamp! One after another, they burned!
It reminded me of people who keep following others, going after what is bad for them, even though it will do them harm spiritually and sometimes physically.
I thought of scripture (Matthew 15:14b),"...And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."KJV
I guess the behavior of the moths is a type of lesson in what NOT to do.
Peace,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment