Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Lesson in the book of Job

My daily Bible devotional today was from the book of Job, beginning with chapter 38. So far, God let Job and his friends say what they felt they must. Then God speaks.
As the young people say, "He got them straight!" There is a lesson in these passages for us all.
Verse 2:"Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?"
Verse 3: "Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me."
Verse 4: "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand."
Verse 12: "Have you ever given orders to the morning, or shown the dawn its place,..."(NIV)
What powerful chapters-38-41!
Sometimes we created beings need to be reminded of who the Creator is!
Peace be,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment