Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Favorite Things

I was all set to make my nutritious breakfast cookies this morning, so I lined up all the ingredients and utensils.  All was well until I could not locate my favorite mixing spoon.  It is the one with the flat edge, which is great for scraping the sides of the mixing bowl.  I was determined to find that spoon, even though I have 2 or 3 other mixing spoons. 
This made me think about how we have our favorite things, our go-to items, the things we reach for first.  It may be our favorite pair of jeans, our favorite pair of sneakers, our favorite pair of earrings, our favorite gloves, our favorite shirt or sweater.  It may be a special coffee mug, a special tea cup, a special house robe, a preferred wrench, or towel set, or jacket, or hair brush, or hair comb.
We can live without these things, of course, but it makes our tasks easier if we can put our hands on our favorite things when we need them.
I found my mixing spoon in the back of the kitchen utensil drawer.  The breakfast cookies are delicious.
Enjoy your day!
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment