Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Germs

I recently spoke with a friend who told me she was super cautious about germs.  This topic came up when I told her I had read an article from a magazine in my dentist's waiting room.  She looked appalled and said, "I never touch magazines in a public place.  They are full of germs!  You don't know how many people have touched them before you!"
I have to be honest, I never really thought about it much.  I use hand sanitizer pretty regularly, and I do try to keep my fingers away from my eyes, nose, and mouth.
I guess all those years in a third grade classroom have made me kind of brave when it comes to germs.  I survived the third graders' germs, so I guess I don't freak out about reading public magazines or books.  I just had a thought, if I followed my friend's germ theory, I would not touch library books either!  Or books on bookstore shelves! Or the magazines at my hairdresser's shop!  Perish the thought!
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment