Friday, February 11, 2011

My City Birds

I am an unofficial landlord of what I call city birds.  They are small and grayish-brown in color, and  they hang out in the hedges in front of my house.  They do not seem to migrate south; they appear to be here in all four seasons.  In the morning, they keep up such a chatter; it's like they are having the liveliest of conversations.  When I come to the front door to get the newspaper from the porch, even before I open the door, they pause.  They have such great hearing and perception!  As soon as I open the front door, they zip out of the bushes and dart to a spot farther away, but within sight.  As soon as I get the paper, go back inside, and close the front door, they dart right back into the hedges.  It's as if they say, "Good, the human is gone.  Let's get back to what we were chirping about!"
Enjoy your weekend,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment