Monday, February 21, 2011

Presidents' Day and Mom's Meals

I said prayers this afternoon  for our president and for leaders everywhere, that they will lead in a way that is best for the countries.
I am not ashamed to admit that later, I enjoyed a  "take out"  plate from my Mom's Sunday dinner table.  My husband was pleased that I shared the plate with him. The food was, as always, delicious.  I am a pretty good cook, but there's something about Mom's home cooked meals that cannot be duplicated anywhere else.
Yummy!
Take care,
Sylvia

3 comments:

  1. Go Mom! What did your Mom make Sylvia?

    I miss my grandmothers cooking!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salisbury steak with rice and gravy, macaroni and cheese with sausage, sweet potatoes, mixed veggies, smothered chicken! Wish you could have been here to enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call me the next time your going to Mom's. Ha! Sounds delicious.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete