Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dilated Pupils

How about this?  We go to the eye doctor in order to take care of our vision.  The eye doctor puts drops into our eyes that dilate our pupils, so the doctor can better observe what's going on inside our eyes.  Our dilated pupils let so much light in that we need special shades to see our way home.  Our pupils stay dilated for hours, so we have okay distance vision, but not great near vision.
Today,  I left the eye doctor's office wearing special dark plastic glasses over my regular glasses, and drove (squinting) to church for noon prayer service.  Once there, I could not read the Bible passages with my dilated pupils, so I listened as others read.  My pupils are now beginning to return to normal, so I am  able to type this.
In order to help me see better, I receive drops that temporarily hamper my seeing.  Ah, the marvels of modern medicine!
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment