Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Walking With Dogs

I have a hard time understanding why some dog owners walk their dogs without a leash.  There is a lovely foot path not too far from my house, and I enjoy walking for exercise.  It's wonderful to walk and look at the trees.  However, many  times when  I take a walk, at least one dog owner is on the path with his dog walking ahead of him, and not on a leash.  The leash is in the owner's hand, but not connected to the dog's collar!  I have nothing against dogs, but if I don't know the animal, I would rather not have it run up to me, barking. 
I usually ask the owner to call his dog.  The owner often says, "Oh, the dog won't bite."  I insist, and the owner usually calls the dog and puts on its leash.
My theory is: any creatures with teeth will bite, if they feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment