Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Life Scars

If you examine your body, you will most likely see some marks I call life scars.  Those are the bruises we get that never fully go away.  They leave some type of mark on your skin that stays with you for your entire life on this earth.  If you were a boisterous child, you'll most likely have several of these marks. 
On one of my fingers is the life scar from when I accidentally slammed the car door on my finger.  I was a preteen.  It healed of course, but the nail bed on that finger has been a little off on one side since that day.
One of my knees has a small raised bruise, scar tissue from when I fell off my bike, right into some broken glass.  I was in my twenties and riding down a hill too fast.  A sharp turn ended in a spill from the bike. I was old enough to know better.
My thumb has scar tissue from a cut  a while ago.  I was chopping collard greens too quickly. Again, I was old enough to know better.
It's interesting how we can look at our life scars and remember how we got them.  If we think hard enough, we can remember with some clarity the entire scene, including the pain.
I thank God for healing, even if some life scars remain.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment