Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Positive Reviews

Sometimes encouragement comes from unexpected sources.  I finished my daily writing assignment last night, and checked my website (http://www.nikkimacproductions.com/) for any hits.  When I saw none for this week, I was a little discouraged, so I navigated around the site looking for ways to improve traffic.  After that, I Googled my name and got an encouraging surprise!  There were two positive reviews of my novel, Behind Church Doors.  The reviewer mentioned the main character, NikkiMac, and also wrote warmly about another character, Cletus.   What a boost!   (I posted the link http://www.momblognetwork.com/ on my FB page as well as my "Author Sylvia Brown-Roberts" FB page.)
Writers tend to be in a vacuum, constantly outputting and sometimes not getting much input.   Most writers know that all input will  not  be positive, and even some critical input can be helpful.  However, because we love the creative process of writing, we keep on writing.  I am thankful for the gift of writing.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment