Thursday, March 31, 2011

On Task Behavior

I hosted the March meeting of  our book club.  As I wrote in an earlier post (12/1/2010,  My Book Club Sisters) we sometimes actually discuss the selected novels.  This meeting was a milestone because we discussed Getting To Happy, by Terry McMillan.  Ms. McMillan is the author of the book that launched our book club over twenty years ago, Waiting To Exhale.  We even discussed  a second book.
I am so proud of us because we were so on task.  In fact, for one novel, we completed a chart detailing the  main characters, their struggles, and their successes.   Okay, so I pushed for the chart, but at least we can say we covered the book thoroughly.  As usual, our one member who rarely reads the books was long on conversation about the novel. Everybody else followed their typical roles.
Lively conversation, good food, good sister time!
Happy reading,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment