Friday, April 1, 2011

"Free" Scale

Sometimes, it does not take a lot to make a person happy. While writing today, I heard a delivery truck out front, some footsteps in the back, and a knock on the rear door.  I went downstairs in time for the delivery guy to say, "I left it in the back."  I thanked him and wondered what it could be.   When I stepped out back, I saw a large brown box.  It was a scale I'd ordered using my points from a rewards program!  All I had to mail in for it was the shipping and handling cost.  It's almost like getting something for free!  Yay!
While I am not a woman who gets excited about weighing herself on a scale,  I do watch my weight.  For many Baby Boomers, it gets harder to lose pounds than it is to keep watch on gaining them. Metabolism issues.
This is perfect, because my old digital scale is not consisent and I have to buy a battery for it, so I am going back to this new mechanical scale with the big round dial.  Some doctors use this type. 
I am happy to get my new "free" scale.  However, I do not plan to weigh myself until tomorrow morning.
Enjoy your weekend!
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment