Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Time and Place

I am thankful for the time and place into which I was placed.  I was born in the USA; I am thankful for that.  Unlike some of my ancestors, I was not born into slavery.  I am grateful for that.  I was not born during the Great Depression.  I was not born in a time of military war.     I was born into a time and raised in a place where indoor toilets in homes was standard; I am  grateful for that.  The automotive vehicle was in existence when I was born, so I did not have to use animals for transportation.  The electric refrigerator/freezer was around in my early days, as was the kitchen sink, so I did not have to pump water from outside the house.  I did not have to draw it from the well.  The telephone was there from my early years, and I was excited about that. In those days, though, it had a long cord.  No cordless, no cell phone.
I guess people from every generation could make similar statements for the times in which they were born.  I wonder what the children born into the years from 2000 to 2020 will say about the time and place into which they were born.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment