Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Vending Machine

Do you know how you see things, but really do not see them?  This is what happened with me today at  the supermarket.  While I was in the checkout line, a man walked past me to a large green vending machine.  The machine had lots of little glass windows displaying what I assumed were sodas.  Instead, each window showed a different type of state lottery ticket.  The customer inserted money, selected a lottery game, and the ticket came out of a slot.  The customer walked away with the lottery ticket. 
On my way out of the store, I stopped to see this vending machine more closely. There were about  9 to 12 types of lottery tickets in there, the scratch-off kind!  I started to write down the names of all the games, but I thought that might look weird.  I did notice a sign that warned young people under the age of 18 not to use the machine. I do not know how they monitor that.  I guess this is a convenience for grown folks who do not want to go where lottery  tickets are usually sold.
I do not buy lottery tickets.  That is not my point here.  All this time, I thought that vending machine was for sodas. Until today, I saw the machine, but I did not really see it.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment