Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Devil Beats His Wife?

When I started today's blog post I had a thought to write about a little boy I saw standing in line at the store, proudly holding  the treat that his mother was about to purchase for him.
Then I looked out of my study window and noticed that the sun was shining brightly, yet it was raining.  When we were children, if it rained while the sun was shining, we said it meant that The devil was beating his wife.   I did not know how to interpret that, but I remember saying it along with my neighborhood playmates.  I guess I simply repeated what the older children said.  I think I asked my parents, who replied that it was just a saying and that the devil did not have a wife to beat. They told me that God was in charge of the weather.
I wonder what others used to say when it rained while the sun was shining brightly.
Just thinking.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment